At Saint Thomas Health
, we are committed to taking care of patients and their families physically, emotionally and spiritually. Our mission calls us to provide holistic care, which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
The Pastoral Services staff includes chaplains, pastoral care volunteers and other staff who are of varying faith traditions. They are available on-site throughout the week at our hospitals at varying hours - see the individual hospital below for full availability schedule.
Chaplains can be consulted for:
Click on one of our banners below
- Pre-surgery visits
- Spiritual, cultural or religious needs
- Change of status of patient
- Sacramental needs
- At the time of a crisis or imminent death
- Prayer and counseling when representatives from one's faith community are unavailable
- Decisions about level of care
- Need for support or conversation
to find information on our pastoral care and spiritual services for each hospital.